Our PSHE Curriculum
PSHE is at the core of everything that we do, enabling our children to become healthy, independent, respectful and responsible members of society. PSHE is taught as an isolated subject across the school from Foundation Stage to Year Six. Through this approach we believe that we can build on children’s prior learning and equip children with relevant, meaningful content which will provide them with an understanding and empower them to contribute to our diverse and ever-changing world.
Although taught in isolation, PSHE is intertwined throughout our school day and curriculum. At Deeping St James we aim to create a loving, caring and warm environment where all pupils feel empowered to make good, positive decisions about their behaviour.
At DSJ we intend to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attributes our children need to manage their lives, now and in the future.
- Encourage our children to play a positive and active role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
- Provide opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge their own and others values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities.
- Develop individuals that are independent, responsible and respectful, who feel empowered to make positive choices in their lives now and in the future.
- Provide children with the knowledge of how to live a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle with an understanding of their own emotions.